Some highlights that we are tracking at the City Commission this Monday June 6th 6:00 pm, City Hall Bozeman | Montana
Cannery District Resolution | A petition has been received from Cannery District Partners, LLC (applicant), to discontinue the street and alley rights-of-way within the proposed Cannery District Planned Unit Development (PUD) located off E. Oak Street, west of Rouse Avenue. The petition was acknowledged by the City Commission and referred to staff for review on February 29, 2016. See the staff memorandum. Staff has reviewed the proposal (see the attached Engineering Report) and has found that these right-of-ways could be discontinued without detriment to the public interest.
These procedures require the Commission to make specific findings. As such, we provide the following:
1. Objection of lack of objection. As of the date of this staff memorandum, there has been no public comment regarding applicant’s petition. Should objections be filed prior to or during the public hearing the Commission must make note of such objections. A notice of this public hearing was published in the Daily Chronicle on May 29, 2016, and June 5, 2016. . 2. Percent of Owners making request. The applicant’s property surrounds or is adjacent to approximately 75% of the right-of-ways being considered for vacation. The owners of the property adjacent to the remaining percentage have consented to the proposed vacations. The notice of the public hearing has been sent to all adjacent owners. 3. Whether the action can be done without detriment to the public interest. The findings of the Engineering Report are adopted herein and address issues such as impact on traffic, accessibility, fire police and other emergency services, garbage collection, and street maintenance. 4. Whether any public utility easements exist. See the Engineering Report. There is an existing public water main within some of the right-of-ways proposed for vacation. By law, an easement will automatically be reserved for this main. To establish the specific limits of the easement, a separate easement document will be submitted to the City Commission for approval if the said right-of-ways are vacated. The City’s current facility planning maps for water and sewer do not identify a need for any mains to utilize any of the subject right-of-ways in the future. The applicant solicited comments from all known local private utility providers. No response either for or against the proposed vacations has been received to date.
Pub 317 Expansion | The Conditional Use Permit (CUP) application is requesting expansion of the existing onpremise consumption of alcohol area for Pub 317. Pub 317 is within the Bozeman Hotel and addressed at 321 E. Main Street. The Bozeman Hotel is a contributing historic structure in the Main Street Historic District and is within the B-3, Central Business zoning district. The application proposes expanding the existing Pub 317 alcohol serving area into the former Soby’s Mexican restaurant space and into the basement level, which has historically been used as an alcohol serving area.
Oak Street Improvement Project | The original professional services agreement for the project only included the predesign task. That task compared the installation of a roundabout and a signal at the intersections and the corridor recommendations for buildout of the street. This effort culminated in a presentation to the Commission. This amendment is to add the design phase services for the first section of roadway from New Holland to Ferguson included the intersection improvements to Ferguson and Davis. FISCAL EFFECTS: $128,495 from the Street Impact Fee and Community Transportation Funds.
Consent Items (10 total)
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Approve the Little Tree Minor Subdivision Final Plat Application 15556
- Authorize the Mayor to Sign the Findings of Fact and Order for the Lot 12 Gallatin Center Minor Subdivision Preliminary Plat Application Number 16076 (Thomas)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Montana State University for South University District Utility Easements (Woolard)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the Fiscal Year 2017 Montana State University (MSU) Fire Service Agreement (Waldo)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the Notice of Award to Award the Contract for the 2016 Seal Coat Improvements to Knife River Belgrade in the Amount of $324,203.40 (Kerr)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Encroachment Permits from the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) for the Downtown North 7th Conduit Project (Fine)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the First Addendum to the Professional Services Agreement with Arrowleaf Landscaping, LLC for Lawn Maintenance and Grounds Services at the Story Mansion(White)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the Professional Services Agreement with Vision Technology Solutions, LLC. for Web Services (Rosenberry)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Sanderson Stewart for the Oak Street Improvements Project (Murray)
Action Items (5 total)
- Public Hearing on Petition by Cannery District Partners LLC, to Discontinue Various Streets and Alleys In and Adjacent to Blocks 1, 2 and 3, Imes Addition, and Adoption of Resolution 4690 A Resolution of Intent to Discontinue Said Streets and Alleys (Kerr)
- A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Application to Allow the Sales of Alcohol for on-premise Consumption in the Bozeman Hotel Addressed at 321 East Main Street in Existing Bar and Restaurant Spaces on the First Floor and Basement Levels and the Expansion of the Serving Area of Pub 317 into the Space Formerly Occupied by Sobys (Quasi-judicial) (Boughan)
- Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) Budget Work Session General Fund and Community Development Fund(Rosenberry)
Follow this link for the entire City Commission Agenda www.bozeman.net/Agenda
Author | Nolan S. Campbell | (406) 209-2386 | firstname.lastname@example.org