Here is what we at BozeHome are taking note of at the upcoming Midtown Bozeman Zoning Text and Map Amendments hearing scheduled for 4-11-2016. This is a great opportunity for the city to increase density, and further contain the current suburban sprawl that we are witnessing on the west side of the City. Proposed are two new zoning designations in the city of Bozeman, known as R-5 and B-M2. The city is actively looking for feedback from residents and this is a great opportunity to express your thoughts on the current growth in the City of Bozeman and the Greater Gallatin Valley.
- Changing N 7th entryway classification from Class 1 to Class 2
- Block frontage concept (community framework map)
- Increased building height
- Reduced setbacks
- More uses allowed by right
- Integrated design standards in base code. As an interim step the Design Objective Plan will apply until phase 2 can fully integrate all site, building design standards
- Cooper Park Historic District remains in place
- Two new zoning districts
- Extent of zoning map
- Parking reduction in certain locations and instances
The Bozeman City Commission will conduct a public hearing on the proposals at 6:00 PM, Monday, April 11, 2016. The work session and public hearing will occur in the City Commission Room, City Hall, 121 N. Rouse Avenue, Bozeman MT.
The purpose of the public hearings is to present the zoning text and map amendment proposals, accept public comment, and decide whether to formally adopt the propose zoning text and map amendments.
Author | Nolan S. Campbell | direct (406) 209-2386 | email email@example.com