The Path To The M | Transportation Master Plan Update | ADU Approvals
Some rather minor changes are happening this at the City Commission this Monday May 16
Path to the M- Resolution 4484 approved the allocation of Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOP) bond funding up to an amount of $600,000 for the design and construction of the “Bicycle and Pedestrian Pathway to the M and Drinking Horse Mountain” project, which serves as match for a Federal Lands Access Program grant funded by the Western Federal Lands division of the Federal Highway Administration. The Project Agreement includes a budget of $140,000 for the acquisition of rights-of-way in the form of public access easements for the multi-use path. This is the first agreement to be secured out of five agreements for easements being negotiated with property owners along the path alignment. The total project budget is $3.93 million.
ADU’s- We have all been paying attention to the rise of ADU’s (Accessory Dwelling Unit), VRBO’s and the associated impact on affordable housing in Bozeman. Since the arrival of the MSU campus, citizens have often converted their basements into rental apartments for student housing. The rentals help to offset some of the housing and mortgage costs associated with home ownership in lean years, and you can follow that history in the older homes in town.
ADU’s are the modern day equivalent of the moldy, basement firetrap most of us have rented in college. These days we see the apartments being added above garages, and are often rented in the short term via websites such as Air B&B, and VRBO. The short term rentals often net an individual homeowner 1.5 to 2 times the amount of income that a standard long term lease, affordable/ workforce housing may provide.
Consent Items (8 total)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the Memorandum of Agreement for the Replacement of 6 Patmore Ash Trees Which Must be Relocated in Order for the City to Install Improvements to Baxter Lane (Hixson)
- Authorize City Manager to sign Amendment 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Dowl LLC for the Right of Way Acquisition Project (Murray)
- Authorize City Manager to Sign Easement Agreement for Path to the M Trails Open Space and Parks Project – Parcel 106-027 (Poissant)
Action Items (3 total)
- Special Presentation
- Bozeman Transportation Master Plan Update (Woolard)
- Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) Budget Work Session Special Revenue Funds
- A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to Allow a Single Household Residence to Operate as a Vacation Home (Classified as Extended Stay Lodging in the R-1 Zoning District), Which Would Permit the Residence to be Rented For Less Than 30 Days at a Time on Property Located at 304 West Cleveland Street, Bozeman, MT The CUP is Required for the Establishment of Extended Stay Lodging in An R-1 Zoning District and is Contained In Application 16134. (Quasi) (Brekke)
- (Re)Appointment to the Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOP) Committee (Michalson)
Follow this link for the entire City Commission Agenda www.bozeman.net/Agenda
Author | Nolan S. Campbell | (406) 209-2386 | email@example.com